Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Power of Clear Intention by Kameron Squire

After I had graduated Quest I felt inspired to continue to take on my life and go on to Summit.  It was something I wanted with all of my heart and I knew that I got to go to Summit with my Quest family.

The challenge I got to experience was by getting work off.  I worked at a dry cleaners with me and three other employees.  When I went into work after Quest and checked the schedule I learned that two of the employees (the manager and her mother) had a family reunion that week and were going to be out of town.  The other employee had a girls camp that week and so she was also going to be gone.

I went into work to talk to my manager about what I felt about the training and that I was there to create a win/win situation with her.  I spoke from my heart and talked about alternate possibilities where she might be willing to hire someone, or if she was willing to call up an old employee and see if they would work for that week.  It felt so good to come from my heart and own my power and I could feel my passion for the trainings inspire her.  And that was amazing.

After I had finished talking I felt connected with her and she looked at me and said something very similar to, "Kameron, thank you for coming in and talking to me.  I feel like this training really is benefiting you.  I appreciate how you came in to talk about other possibilities with me instead of just refusing to work.  The only way I really see this turning out though is with me missing my family reunion.  And when you come back to work I will probably be upset and you may find yourself without a job."  I asked her to please at least be open to other possibilities and she said we will see what happens in the next few days.

That evening I had a voicemail from her saying, "Hey it's Emily.  We figured out someone to work next week.  So that's all squared away, so don't worry about your class thing.  You can call me.  Thanks."

Come to find out someone walked in about an hour after I left whom she was familiar with and whom was trained who was willing to work that week so we could all go and do what we all deserved.

And that is the power of clear intention with committed action.  And it is just beautiful and exhilerating to know what I can accomplish once I commit myself.  It's wonderful.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment